[at-l] Connecticut

--
Hi everyone! I'm new to this list. I live in Jerusalem with my wife and 5 k=
ids (ages 9 to 18) and have been dreaming, learning and thinking about the =
AT for 4+ years and some while I was a kid. I grew up in Baltimore and move=
d here at age 19. This August I will be hiking with my whole family in Conn=
ecticut for one week. I picked it because it's beautiful, filled with water=
 and not too difficult. We will be going real slow which is fine by me. I h=
ave a few questions.  1. What is the bug situation like in August?2. I need=
 to travel as light as possible - are 40 degree bags good enough.3. Anyone =
know of inexpensive places to buy gear. I especially need packs? Used is co=
ol too!4. Any other general advice. Thanks in advance Ricky