[at-l] REALLY long distance hiking...

> > What killed them was not a failure of the weather, or a
> > failure of the body. It was a failure of the mind - a failure
> > of the spirit.  Scott's failure was keen on my mind when I
> > decided to wander into the arctic.

> ***    Actually it was the weather. I saw a good documentary on
> this tragedy on Discovery Channel...

I can understand why you would accept all the pat explanations, and believe
all the TV documentaries.  They all have to look at history through the eye
of available documentation.

Haven spoken at great length with Scott's spectre, however, I have some
unique insight on the subject.  The weather was a factor in their deaths,
but it wasn't what killed them.

Shane