[at-l] Alcohol stoves; light weight?

My experience is similar to POG's.

Like many who started hiking/camping in the 40's, I progresses from campfire
cooking, through a variety of kerosene & white gas stoves, w/ a couple of
canister stoves thrown in.

I love canisters for weekends and other relatively short outings --
especially with a group.

However, on a more open-ended solo trip I tend to carry more weight with
canisters because of the nagging question of "How much is left in this
canister?"; plus the question of, "Will I be able to get a replacement
canister at my next stop?".

I know canisters are becoming more universally available.  But I am still a
bit uneasy about their availability, when and where I need a new one.

However, IMHO they are clearly the better stove for three season well
planned short trips.

BTW, for extreme winter nothing beats a white gas stove, IMHO.

However, for long distant three season solo hiking, I'll go with a SCS.

Chainsaw