[at-l] Re: Icons, the ATC & LD Hikiking

> Had he read and understood MacKaye, he would have become a
> student of the wilderness and learned to understand the plants
> and the flowers and the interrelationships of the natural world.

I was a student of the wilderness, having learned to understand the plants,
the flowers, the interrelationships of the natural world, and many other
things long before I ever knew that Benton MacKaye even existed.  To claim
that MacKaye is necessary for such things is, in my opinion, a terribly
narrow vision.  Based on that simple observation, I fail to comprehend his
unique importance.

Shane