[at-l] Low Cost AT Hiking

--

Hello all, I'm fairly new to this list but not new to back packing. Althoug=
h I'm not an expert. Like everyone else -- I have a system of foot travel t=
hat constantly needs tweaking. Right now I'm working on lowering my carry w=
eight.

Low Cost AT hiking. My concern is saving enough money so I have something t=
o come back to. I have no problem with putting together $5000.00 for a thru=
-hike. My problem is saving enough additional money to cover my fixed payme=
nts that are not going to go away just because I go away for 6 months. I re=
alize this is personal, capitalistic commitment type stuff and not actually=
 on topic but it is keeping me from attempting a thru-hike until 2005. The =
summer of 2005 is when I will turn 60 if all goes well.

Thanks for being here and I'm sure I will learn a lot from the day to day p=
osts and the achieves.

My name is Timothy.