[at-l] What a hoot

On Saturday, April 5, 2003, at 04:19 PM, KellyGoVols@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/5/2003 4:16:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> askowronek@mindspring.com writes:
>
> bet the former.=A0 From what I can tell, we tend to get along
> better in person.=A0 :)
>
> -amy
>

> Yeah!=A0 And we can do a arts and crafts.... fleece mini's!

Actually I have a new fleece idea on my mind.  I want to make
pole mittens.  I looked at some hand covering thingies designed
for paddling, and they look like a good idea.

I figure you could make it like a large mitten.  An elastic hole
for your hand to go in, and a largish opening to go over the top
of the pole.  There needs to be enough room to maneuver your
hand into the strap, which would be in the mitten with you.

I'm not sure if it would make more sense to have velcro
to close up the extra space not needed by the pole itself after
you've slipped it over the top, or make that opening elastic too.
It could be used to stick your thumb out when you're not using
the poles, in camp.  Or your whole hand if you needed to
grasp something.

They'd need to be fairly roomy so you'd have enough room to
use the straps properly, too.

I have some ideas about using plastic grocery bags as a second
layer in rain.

Whatcha think?

-amy