Re[6]: [at-l] Speed Hiking

>"...I asked you to tell me when/where I denied that he said that.  You've
>failed to do so. Until you do so, you're "inventing stories".

" But you DID misquote MacKaye - and while I won't pursue the source of that
misquote, I  will at least attempt to set the record straight.  "the guy who
began the idea of the Appalachian Trail" had no opinion whatever about  "speed
hikers" because there was no such animal while he lived. " Jim O., May 2001