[at-l] cheap Thrus

Ron wrote:

>thank you again for your thoughts. my Owenian 'Contract with Myself' was
>among the first of my 5 million steps (beware that poetic >equivocation),
>and i deeply respect and admire your hard-earned >wisdom. you just happen
>to be wrong on this one. :)

Ron -
You asked a question - and it gave me an opportunity to answer questions
that normally don't get asked. And to have a little fun. There is no right
or wrong in that.

You also gave me an opening to express opinions that may not be wildly
popular among those who think they want the trail, but aren't willing to
sacrifice anything for it.  I'm glad you don't have that problem. I didn't
really think you did, but one can never be sure anymore.  There are, after
all, people who do the dumpster-diving bit - and some of them are proud of
it.  We (the human race - and thruhikers in particular) are a strange,
diverse and wonderful breed.

In any case -  Thank you.

Walk softly,
Jim