[at-l] cheap Thrus

--
In a message dated 4/1/2003 11:49:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ron_the_baptist@hotmail.com writes:

> (i would grant though that your assumptions had the odds of being correct).
> the real story is that i am blessed with an uncommon amount of financial
> discpline (especially among my demographic), i live a pretty spartan life
> begin with, i've been working two jobs for months in order to buy gear and
> take
> care of bills and finacial commitments ahead of time, and i've been saving
> the
> rest for my hike (as i was starting from $0 when the opportunity arose to
> make
> this the year).

I hear yah.

I always start with zero and end with zero, but in the meantime I spent about
$500 a month or more on trail.  That's including food, hostels, motels,
postage, cigarettes, beer and occasional gear purchase or replacement, such
as shoes and socks.  I also like to take a day off every week to ten days and
eat restaurant meals when I can.

So, depending on how many miles a day you're willing to hike, 2170 divided by
X equals, divided by 30 equals, times $500, you'll then get somewhat closer
to your answer.

Bottomline, unless you're a grub and/or have friends along the trail, if you
leave home with less than $2000 you'll most likely be scratching or finishing
another year.

YfiguresMV,

Sly