[at-l] RE: War but not THAT ONE!

At 03:48 PM 3/11/2003 -0500, bleederguy wrote:

>There are a couple of historic routes that the AT crosses over in
>Massachusetts and Vermont.
>
>When Henry Knox brought the cannons form Fort "Ti", NY to Boston, he took
>what is now Rte 9 west to east from Albany to Boston.  Read more
>http://www.revolutionaryday.com/usroute9/kinderhook/default.htm
>
>The Crown Point Road of the French & Indian War period in Vermont is a great
>hike.  The LT/AT crosses it.  At the end are two  reconstructed Forts well
>worth visiting.
>http://members.fortunecity.com/railtrails/VT/CPR/index.htm
>http://www.fortat4.org/
>http://www.fort-ticonderoga.org
>
>Beau Bushor

I've been to Ft. Ticonderoga twice.  A very cool place.  After reading
"Rabble at Arms" I have to go back.  I'll have a different perspective on
it now.  Crown Point is worth a visit too.  The forts (there were two
different ones there at different times) are not reconstructed but the
ruins are interesting and there is a small museum/visitor center.

Saunterer