[at-l] Henessy Hammock advice.

> - Some suspension lines parted before I even got into it.
> I=92m not willing to sacrifice minimal durability for weight
> savings.  Why carry something on your back all day, every
> day, if it=92s going to break when you need it?

This is a rare occurrence, but it does happen from time to time.  Usually
somebody pulled too hard...  ;)  You don't have to pull the Hennessy all
that tight - about 15 or 20 pounds of tension in the ridge cord is PLENTY.

> - I didn=92t like the =93Return-to-the-womb=94 entry and
> birthing exit.  You=92re wriggling through or bypassing
> everything you have in the hammock.  Once you=92re inside,
> you are at the center of a bear pi=F1ata.

Some people have trouble with this, but I usually find that most of the
problems with this are caused by hanging the hammock too low.  I have a
video that shows how I like it:

<http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/hiking/sections/gear/shelter/hhvid01.htm>

I have never had a problem with bears in a hammock.  In fact, some people
report LESS problems with bears.  See this month's issue of the Hammock
Camping Newsletter (www.hammockcamping.com) for more...

> The unfairness of comparing  a heavy deluxe model (Clark
> Jungle Hammock) with an ultralight model (Hennessey
> Hammock) may account for all the difference.

Possibly, but the Clark IS pretty sweet - at least it seems so from reading
the reviews.  (Which I will now shamelessly plug:  www.backpackgeartest.org)

Shane