[at-l] Baxter State Park

--
Hi Neysa,
Some things to consider:
Roaring Brook to Katahdin Stream is a long day, an alternative is
going up Abol Slide and coming down the Hunt Trail.
Southbounders can't stay at the Birches AT lean-tos,
so you'll need a reservation to stay at Katahdin Stream Campground.
Reservations started January 1st - make yours today, call the Park to check
availability.
The parking lots fill up (and close) early on peak days, so plan on
getting to the Park Gate before it opens. You might have to pick just one
trail head parking lot, and that'll mess up your current plan.
Weekdays in June are much quieter than weekends, if you can plan ahead
try to get to the park in midweek.
If you go up and down the Hunt Trail, you can borrow a day pack from the
Ranger.
Call ahead just before you go, some trails might still be closed.
I recomend that MEGAs make reservations for two nights at KSC, and climb
as early in the day as possible to avoid a crowded trail.
If your looking for a motel, try the Katahdin Inn - my wife thinks it's the
best one in Millinocket.
baxterstateparkauthority.com
TJ (ALDHA Companion volunteer, Caratunk > Katahdin)