[at-l] Trail Name

> Subject: RE: [at-l] Trail Name
>
> Marsha, Marsha Marsha? Perhaps?
>
> Dawg

ha! i can hear Jan's voice as she goes
'Marsha Marsha Marsha!'

my own trail name, can be take in several different contexts,

'bloody cactus'

bloody being the great australian adjective.

bloody adj. Adjective of universal emphasis,
usually without malice or offence (eg. 'Bloody  good!', 'You bloody beaut!')
eg
blood oath! - definitely; yes!
bloody galah - silly person; fool
bloody nong - silly person; fool
bloody Nora! - mild statement of amazement

Cactus - Dead, not working

can be said for most anything that fails in some way.
'this map is bloody cactus!'
'my knee is bloody cactus'
'my guts are bloody cactus'

(the story behind the name, beyond my use of it in everyday life,
i sat on a cactus when i was a wee lil tacker and had to have some
spines pulled outta me bum, i was about 6 at the time...)

as for being stuck with something you REALLY dont want,
i was tagged with 'chunder downunder' on one particular hike
(chunder -> puke/vomit/technicolour yawn).

hedge your bets, have a name you like, so if you get tagged with something,
say you already have one ;)

once your given one, its yours for life..

i think there is a lesson in there somewhere..
1) dont sit on a cactus when your little
2) choose your friends carefully
3) dont relate child hood memoires to strange hikers
4) trailnames follow you for life.

- - Stu 'Just Another Mad Aussie In London' George aka Bloody Cactus.
sgeorge@mega-tokyo.com

http://www.mega-tokyo.com/gallery