[at-l] Hammocks

Beesknees asks about hammocks:
>What do you do with your boots and gear ?

I have been leaving my boots directly under the exit. They have stayed dry =
in the rain although if it was really blowing I would bring them inside wit=
h me. In my Hennessy you enter from below. As I sit down I just let my boot=
s come off. That way they are right were my feet go when I get out again, w=
hich is handy in the middle of the night.

A fair bit of my other gear comes inside with me. I am carrying enough cord=
 now for both a bear bag and to lash a short branch to a tree to hang my pa=
ck and pack cover. I usually hang my pack on the tree at the foot of the ha=
mmock. This is really handy with my G4 since it has no structure otherwise =
in camp.

SoulFull
Jack.Bulkley@sas.com
Apex, NC
Good fitting footwear is more than worth its weight.