From: Soups-n-stews-admin@food-lists.com
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 9:51 AM
Subject: [Soups-N-Stews] Canned soup sold at Costco recalled

Spokane Spokesman-Review:  3/2/2003

Canned soup sold at Costco recalled
Associated Press

WASHINGTON _ Campbell Soup has recalled about 56,000 pounds of canned
soup that may be contaminated with an undeclared allergen, the
Agriculture Department said Friday.

The soups, produced by the company's plant in Napoleon, Ohio, contained
cheese that could cause allergic reactions for those with food
allergies.

The products being recalled are 18.6 oz. cans labeled "Campbell's
Select, Ready to Serve Soup, Italian Sausage with Pasta and Pepperoni,
NEW."

The soup is packed eight to a carton in a cardboard wrap. Each carton
contains four cans of the recalled product and four cans of a chicken
product not subject to recall.

The soup was made on Dec. 11, 2002, and distributed to Costco retail
stores in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.

Consumers can contact Campbell's hotline at 1-800-637-7698.