[at-l] Dogs (and Shelters)

Hi Gang,

	In 1999 two individuals come to mind that relied on others rather
than being self supporting. One In the Whites had an appropriate trail
name "The Suffering Bastard". He carried no shelter and sure enough
pissed most everyone off. He arrive at one shelter on a very rainy
day. We were packed like sardines with some children even sleeping
sideways. The fellow only had a poncho for emergency's. I told him
looks like you found that emergency. One of the shelter occupants
offered "The Suffering Idiot" the use of their tent. But he didn't
want to use it..... At the Huts he just crashed on the floor without
paying.
	In the Hundred Mile Wilderness another hiker "Just Devine" we voted
the most rude backpacker award. She also showed up late on a rainy day
at a full shelter. She claimed her tent was to heavy and she couldn't
carry it so we HAD to make room for her. She seemed nice enough at
first so someone moved on and made room for her. She kept on with
racist remarks all evening. Then the next morning she got up real
early banging pots and pans together, shinning her flashlight in the
sleeping eyes of hiker till they woke up, just holding it there, not
an accidental thing.  Then she started singing out loud. This was
really rude considering she was the only one up. You meet all kinds. I
would have rather had a wet dog in the shelter LOL.

chase