[at-l] Progress report... Bob

For those of you just tuning in...

www.theplacewithnoname.com/hiking/bob

Bob and I will meet tomorrow night to iron out his pack problems.  We've
been trying to solve the boot problems with no success.  The Lowa Renegades
were too narrow.  The Danner Mountain Lights (which aren't) seemed OK, but
didn't work in the end.  I'm going to try him in my Redwing 2156's, but any
other options will be entertained.  At this point I wish I'd have trained
him to hike in sandals...

Another problem he had was that he couldn't get the hexamine tablets to
light in the cold.  That's a new one on me, but I don't use esbits...
Anybody?  Anybody?

It looks like Bob will be back on the trail March 9, starting again at
Springer with Pittsburgh's group.  This is a big deal to me, especially
since Bob had started talking himself out of thruhiking this year...  Thanks
Pittsburgh!

He was saying things like, "I need to have all my gear perfect before I go
back out. I don't know it well enough to be on my own."  I tried to tell him
that I've been doing this for almost 25 years and my gear still isn't
perfect...

Anybody have perfect gear?  Ah, the joy of newbies...

Shane