[at-l] (Guest Post) People of the Trail Research Project

* Message posted to AT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Ben Lanpher, PhD <benlanpher@hotmail.com>.
* Please use <mailto:benlanpher@hotmail.com> to reply to the sender.

I am a licensed psychologist in the state of Missouri, and an avid AT enthu=
siast.  I am conducting a study entitled "People of the Trail" to learn mor=
e about the thru-hiking experience. I will begin interviewing thru-hikers b=
etween NOC in North Carolina and Neels Gap in Georgia on March 1st.  If you=
 are planning a thru-hike this season and will be hiking south through this=
 area in early March, please consider participating in this study.  With yo=
ur help, I hope to gain a better understanding in regards to the process of=
 personal change during the thru-hike experience, and publish the results i=
n a book and/or journal article. Please feel free to contact me with any qu=
estions or comments by e-mail <benlanpher@hotmail.com> or phone (573)722-57=
97.
Hope to see you on the AT!!!
Sincerely,