From: benlanpher@hotmail.com
Date: Monday, February 24, 2003 03:11:45 PM
To: AT-L@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [at-l] (Guest Post) People of the Trail Research Project

* Message posted to AT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Ben Lanpher, PhD <benlanpher@hotmail.com>.
* Please use <mailto:benlanpher@hotmail.com> to reply to the sender.

I am a licensed psychologist in the state of Missouri, and an avid AT
enthusiast. I am conducting a study entitled "People of the Trail" to learn
more about the thru-hiking experience. I will begin interviewing thru-hikers
between NOC in North Carolina and Neels Gap in Georgia on March 1st. If you
are planning a thru-hike this season and will be hiking south through this
area in early March, please consider participating in this study. With your
help, I hope to gain a better understanding in regards to the process of
personal change during the thru-hike experience, and publish the results in
a book and/or journal article. Please feel free to contact me with any
questions or comments by e-mail <benlanpher@hotmail.com> or phone
(573)722-5797.
Hope to see you on the AT!!!
Sincerely,