Bad Leg (was) RE: [at-l] Helping a newbie - anybody near the Blueberry Patch?

  Just explain your problem and emphasize that one of the
> "loves" of your life is long-distance backpacking.
>
> As for it being an end to hiking.

I sure hope that Bob has good insurance.  Dutch Treat is having a terrible
time, in constant pain and, as he could not afford insurance anymore, we are
finding that there just are no resources out there.  This sure has changed
our life and is very difficult for both of us and put a crimp on most of our
plans.  We had planned on starting the hike with Pitts on March 9th but not
a possibility.  Hopefully, we can drive up to Tray with homemade goodies as
we did in the past.  I am hoping that I still may be able to join in myself
for a few days if I can manage to get a warmer sleeping bag.  Only have a 40
degree and, as I sleep warm, I thought that would be enough, but as cold as
it has been lately and sleeping in a hammock, I do not think I will try it
unless I manage to get one.  Just taking it one day at a time and trying not
to project too much.  But, if you can get out there and hike....do it now!

Hummingbird

---