[at-l] Film shoot in Harpers Ferry

The first time I was in Harpers Ferry was in October of 1986.My friend and I
were hiking from there south.We spent 2 days in Clara Cassity's(Cass)
backyard.We saw ALL of Harpers Ferry.There were men,women and children
dressed in Civil War attire walking around town.One thing they did was give
talks as if it was 1864, talking about how long this young man had been away
from home,how much he missed his Maw and Paw.He never had enough to eat,he
was scared and really wanted the war to be over.It was really a neat way to
bring history to life.His story made me cry.I don't know if they do that
anymore,but it was one of my most memorable visits there.I try to go there
every couple of years,I'll be back there on my way to the AT in June.All you
ATers should plan to spend some time there if you can.It's a great historical
place to visit. tattoogranny