[at-l] Homemade "Dog" Biscuits

Although this recipe is for the dogs ;-) it sounds like it might make a goo=
trail snack.  I am wondering just how long they would keep without
refrigerating.  Any "home ec" experts out there?

William, The Turtle

* Once on a dare some of us working in Wally World's receiving "sampled" a
broke open bag of Sam's dog biscuits.  I won't say I would try them again,
but they did not kill me and they tasted better than some health food
snacks.

Homemade Dog Biscuits
6 cups flour
2 beaten eggs
4 tsp honey or brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup powdered milk
2/3 cup chicken, beef, bacon, or other fat drippings
1 1/4 cup hot water or meat stock

Put hot water or meat stock and melted fat drippings into a large bowl. Sti=
in powdered milk, salt, honey and the eggs. Add the flour, mixing well afte=
each addition.

Knead 3-5 minutes. Be sure to add enough flour to make very stiff dough.
Roll to 1/4- to 1/2-inch thickness and cut into shapes. Bake 50 minutes at
350=BA. Allow to cool and dry before storing in an airtight container.

Store these biscuits in the refrigerator to keep them from spoiling.