Re[2]: [at-l] another stove question - Going OT

At 11:06 PM 2/17/2003 +0000, Jim and/or Ginny Owen wrote:
>One other point that someone mentioned back there - the particles in wood
>smoke are NOT so heavy that they drop to the ground.  In fact, they're fine
>enough that they become part of the atmospheric circulation. Where do you
>think the Brown Cloud over Southeast Asia originates?

A little late in responding and it takes us OT but I wanted to check before
responding.  My wife works at Clarkson Univ. She used to be secretary for
Dr. Phillip Hopke whose specialty is air quality.  He is on a an advisory
committee/board or whatever to the US Congress and he has people all over
the world checking air pollution levels and the pollutants that comprise
the pollution.  According to Dr. Hopke's research the primary cause of air
pollution in Asia is the two cycle engines on the scooters that are
ubiquitous there.  FWIW...

Saunterer