[at-l] RE: The Favorite Part of the Day.

> Reference your post, dated 2-18-03, responding to Dave
> Hicks, quoting Colin Fletcher, that same date.

> How wasteful.

Wastefull of what?  I never had anything left over...  ;)

> Colin Fletcher was not a minimalist, nor did he cover many
> miles per unit of time.

He wasn't a lollygagger either.

> Me?    I get up before the sun rises.  Breakfast is a
> Powerbar.  I clean up the breakfast wrapper, then hike as
> fast as possible - - not looking at ANYTHING is helpful -
> - for as long as I can stand upright.  I snack on my
> fingernails and cuticles throughout the day.  Dinner is
> another Powerbar and the blisters on my feet.  My pack
> doesn=92t weigh much and I cover a lot of miles.  I have
> some great fun.   ; )

Why not just stay home and hit yourself in the foot with a hammer?  ;)

Yeah, I think I've seen you.  ;)  So long as you're having fun!  I used to
try to get up before dawn, but I'm not really much good as a human being
before 8:00 AM...

I manage to do my miles, but I manage to goof off as well.  This generally
annoys some of the people I hike with, because they wind up WAY ahead of me=
,
but we always seem to arrive in camp at about the same time.

I suppose, in all fairness, that I should mention that some days I don't
stop at all, and keep hiking into the night.  Sometimes the moonlight on th=
landscape is captivating and my feet don't want to stop...

Shane