[at-l] Newbie Tips

I have a friend that will be on Springer March 14 for her 1st AT thru
hike. She doesn't have access to the internet at home or work, so I
subscribed to AT-L this week in hopes I could get a few of her
questions answered.

She is a avid hiker here in Colorado and has wanted to hike the AT for
many years. She has yet to decide on a trail name.

She was wondering about water filters. Hers is 13 oz and she hates
iodine treatment. Anything lighter?

Thanks for the info about Into The Wind here in Boulder, I forgot to
mention the store to her today. If you all have some helpful info you
can reply off list or point me to a web site that I haven't found yet.

What does the term "tuckerize" mean? She is also worried about her
pack on the flight into Atlanta. She doesn't really want to tape the
loose straps down.

Her Sleeping bag is rated down to 15*. Is that adequate for the spring
time on the trail?

TIA for any help.

- Kelly