[at-l] On dogs - 2 cents worth

Just a personal observation, but it seems to me that Dogs just are not
prepared by evolution for long distance hiking. Just think about what dogs
do for about 18 hours a day, if not more, they sleep. It's a carnivore
energy conservation tactic. We may think of how active dogs can be when they
are up and conscious and draw a false conclusion from that but humans can
out walk almost all other critters. Even horses can be walked into the
ground by people. Almost all critters are adapted to short periods of
activity interurpted by long periods of rest, cud chewing, fly swishing and
so on.

Bryan

"Si vis pacem para bellum"