[at-l] Has Wingy ripped off the DataBook?

>I think the ATC should consider suing him, and should *never* allow >him to
>use the DataBook's information for free ever again. I pay dues >to the ATC,
>and am damn tired of having Wingy profit from them.

If you go to www.trailplace.com he has set up a PDF showing a sample of
pages from the new guidebook.  The book has been out for 3 or 4 weeks now.

One of his sample pages exlicitly credits and thanks the ATC for the data,
if I remember correctly.

Some would suggest that many people have profitted from Wingfoot's book.
Not sure about who owns what information, but I would hope that the NPS
would have all the data;  if so I suspect that would be in the public domain
in the same way the height of Mt. Washington is.

Assuming that he got the data without stealing the ATC's intellectual
property, what did you think of the new format TJ?

Rick B