[at-l] Bringing your pack on the airplane

If you go with the duffle bag (my preferred method)or a box, keep in mind
that airlines are starting to take size and weight limits seriously.  I just
checked AA.com, and they levy extra charges for each piece that has a total
L x w x H that is over 62", and each piece that is over 50 lbs.

For some reason (which I don't understand) some travel literature suggests
that you pack your shoes on top of the rest of you stuff.  Perhaps they dont
X-ray well, and so are of special interest if your checked bag gets selected
for inspection.  Who knows, perhaps thats just a bunch of hooey.

Rick B