[at-l] Has Wingy ripped off the DataBook?

--
In a message dated 2/10/2003 4:02:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Snodrog5@aol.com writes:

> I think the ATC should consider suing him, and should *never* allow him to
> use the DataBook's information for free ever again. I pay dues to the ATC,
> and am damn tired of having Wingy profit from them.

       ***   I doubt anyone would try to justify ANYBODY suing ATC. However,
the call for personal vindictiveness in the name of ATC is just as
unjustifiable and not in line with the Trail's theme either.

      I suspect WF is given slack because ATC realizes he takes the Trail's
mission seriously (unlike others)...

      Feuds aside, the format and information provided in the 'Handbook'
probably helps AT hikers in need out on the Trail and far away from all this
controversy more than anything else. I think it's important that at least one
guide be permitted to represent the 'traditional' AT viewpoint and involve
the Trail's purpose in it's content. After all, that would only be fair. The
Handbook, after all, is a well-made and useful AT guidebook...