[at-l] My Gear List - HELP!

At 03:31 AM 2/5/03 -0800, Orange Bug wrote:

>$55 to $65 and a 3 week backlog for a shiny alcohol stove? That
>could buy you a lot of beer or a few nights at a hostel.

I think I could make a case for the Brasslite over a Pepsi
stove.  Granted $65 is pricey, but it is very well constructed -- of
brass, not aluminum, which is much more durable than aluminum, burns
hot and fast, and can be soldered.  It's got a dependable, carefully
soldered pot stand and a neat base for preheating the fuel.  It also
comes with a quality 8 oz or 16 oz (you choose) fuel dispenser so you
don't end up pouring precious fuel all over the ground or in your lap
in the dark of night.

Here's all the specs and explanations:

http://www.brasslite.com/about.html

Here's some detail of the intricate construction process, which I was
willing to forego for the purchase price:

http://www.brasslite.com/make.html

Not a shill, just a happy customer.