[at-l] Hiking & Low Carb Diets

Let me add to Bushwacker's excellent caution. If you are significantly
overweight currently, you would be far better advised to work on physical
training as the foundation of any weight loss plan. If you put yourself on
a calorie restricted diet now, you may place yourself at more risk with the
relative starvation diet most experience as calories deficits compound for
long distance hikers.

Another source of excellent experience is the Triple Crown hiker back in
2001. He succeeded by having a discipline of high and frequent calorie
intake, and managed to avoid rapid weight gain after his hikes via
continued physical training along with attention to diet.

OrangeBug