[at-l] Introduction and first of many questions

Alyssa Rayman-Read wrote:

>I am looking mostly at the Lowa Sport
>S and the Vasque Sundowner (mostly because of the
>numbers of reviews I can find on the Sundowners) for
>shoes and the Marmot Maverick (a new design for women
>which is rated at 15 degrees), the Sierra Rosa (20
>degrees) and the Mountain Hardwear 2nd Dimension (15
>degrees).

Alyssa:

I have a Marmot (Arroyo) bag (30 degree) and Lowa boots (forget the model -
they're the light weight Gortex ones).  Very happy with both.  Good brands.
I have a silk liner for the bag which adds maybe 10 degrees of warmth and
keeps it clean.  In hot summer you can just use the liner.  I recommend that
item for any bag.

The Lowa's replaced some EMS Mirages (also Gortex) which leaked and gave me
blisters which in turn replaced some New Balance trail running shoes.
Finally the Lowa's were right for me.

Good luck on your fund raising.  Sounds like a good cause.  Where in Cape
Cod Seashore?  That's an old stomping ground of mine.

Very sorry about your dad.  Sheesh, 54 yrs old!  Hardly getting started.

Best of luck
Pb