[at-l] AT maps

Don't worry about topt maps this century. The AT in NY & NJ is
extremely well marked, including one section in which I counted
20 blazes within a couple hundred yards. The biggest problem I
experienced, with PapaBear also notind the problem, was poor
blazing for the Iris trail near the Rutherford Shelter in NJ. I
got off trail near the WJByran Shelter in NY, but that was due
to my distraction with the shelter and inner city kids abusing
the place.

Your biggest concern will be water, heat, bears and road walks -
pretty much in that order. This is a very good area to break
into our sport. If you feel a need for a map, get the set from
the ATC with the guidebooks, and consider obtaining the ALDHA
Companion for information on area resupply and support.

Welcome to the campfire.

Bill...