[at-l] gaiters

I have a pair of tall gaiters with a zipper up the back, that I bought from=
 Ragged Mtn Outfitters in NH.  They also have an elastic sewn in that is ju=
st above the boot, and a string around the top.  I wore them every day of m=
y thruhike (well, except when in town).  When it got hot, I folded them dow=
n and cinched the string... this meant they covered the top part of my boot=
 and fastened just above the boot collar, so they still kept sticks, rocks =
etc out but didn't make my legs hot.

I guess I kick up a lot of stuff when I hike because the 2 times I experime=
nted with not wearing them, I got a ton of sticks and rocks and sandy dirt =
in my boots, so I never hike without them anymore.

Twilight