[at-l] VA section hike

On Friday, January 17, 2003, at 07:13  PM, Bob wrote:
> I am planning about 70 miles in VA sometime in May. I don't know
> anything about the AT in VA, and I don't often have the opportunity to
> travel that far north for hikes. Can I get some suggestions on what
> section I should consider doing? Mostly I am looking for good views,
> and trailheads that are not too difficult to access.

The Catawba Valley including Dragon's Tooth, McAfee Knob and Tinker
Cliffs.
I think for the 70 miles you could start a little farther south and hit
the Audie Murphy memorial and finish up in Troutdale (or is it
Troutville?  I can never remember).

Other choices include the highlands area north of Damascus and of
course Shenandoah National park.