[at-l] Last Digital Camera Questions

> Is 128 a decent size? How many pix might it hold on best
> resolution (3MP camera)

If you use JPG compression (recommended), about 100.  If you use a raw
format (like TIFF), maybe 20.

> 2) Does brand make any difference in picture quality?

None.  A storage device is a storage device.  Durability is the only issue.
Always buy the brand recommended by the camera manufacturer.  (Although I
don't always follow that kind of advice...)

www.etronics.com

Also try a search on www.froogle.google.com

> 4) And reason I should or shouldn't but 256 MB? This
> site: http://www.buy.com/retail/computers/product.asp?
> sku=10266513&loc=15579 has them for 64.99 after
> rebates...

1. What is the read time compared to a 128 card?  Is it much less than twice
the price of a 128 card?

2.  My feeling is that I'd rather have several smaller cards than one big
card, because if a card goes bad I still have others and it isn't as
expensive to replace.  To answer the obvious question, no, they don't go bad
that often, and they aren't that delicate.

Shane