no camping had been allowed before this permission was granted.
The two campsites will be located near Percy Peaks and the
second one will be located near Sugarloaf Arm.  I have been
posting info as it comes in at www.viewsfromthetop.com
One is now able to thru-hike it BUT, only public campsites are
available in the stretch from Clarksville to the Canadian Border.
Here is the big surprise...there is now a proposed LOOP that will
start before Lake Francis and will travel along the Canadian Border
head down through some peaks on the most easterly side of NH
and then loop back down past Mt. Magalloway and towards
Roundtop.  They are now trying to get permission to put campsites
in that loop as well as campsites that will avoid the public ones on
the west part of the loop.  Things as I said are happening very
quickly and they have a crew working YEAR ROUND...so stay
tuned.  IT should be a SPECTACULAR trail...I've done a lot of
fly-fishing in the area and it will be MUCH LESS traveled than any
other trail in the area.  BTW, the guidebook will not provide you
with much on distance and elevation gain etc. If you are looking for
that I'd suggest using Terrain Navigator or an equivalent software.
I use MapTech and have liked it but there are others.  I'm looking
forward to doing this trail and getting away from the CROWDS.