[at-l] Re: 2 cohos trail questions

--- Mark Hudson <hudsom@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Since the trail doesn't actually enter Canada at this point,
> but does go very close to the border, all they ask you to do
is check in at the Customs that you walk right past about 5
miles before the trail ends, just so that they'll know that
you're in the area.
### Phew! Trying to get through the border with more than an
affirmative to "Ye go'n te doah bit ah shoppin', eh?" was/is
intimidating...

> Can't help you with the "far north night spots" (yet, <g>).
### I'll admit, after stealth-trapsing through the White
Mtn/AM$ee franchise this summer, I'm not *hugely* worried, but
without mileage data (re water sources), I don't want to get
into a situation where it's two hours to (unknown) water, one
hour till dark, and we've one hour's worth of leggs left. Even
Daddy can get cranky at the end of a long day.

> What I've seen from the website and the book is that it looks
> like the Hundred Mile Wilderness without the crowds...
definitely need to get me there...
### Yep! At one spot, they have a space for "First Hikers Under
Twelve Years of Age..." left blank. I don't know what might be
particularly pertinant about "twelve years of age" but I am
surprised that there was no one listed. Would certainly motivate
Mr. Magic and the Bug, as well as [externally] validate for them
just how mighty their efforts have been. (This seems rather
pertinant right now, as there's an entire system working
mightily on them right now, bashing round pegs into square
holes. Wonderful what we do to the supple, naive minds of our
youth...)
(Hmmmm, am I off topic yet?)
(No. Definitely not.)

Sloetoe Out.