[at-l] Food for hike

On Monday, January 13, 2003, at 10:25 PM, Jim Lynch wrote:

> Weight, cost, brand name (you gave that below), keep-ability in hot/cold
> weather, cooking time, calories, other nutients, packaging (servings per
> package), that sort of stuff. Thanks!

 From the one in my pantry right now:

Tasty Bite "Agra Peas and Greens"

10.59 oz
Keeps indefinitely.  I don't know if it would freeze solid or not.
Probably
still be okay if it did.

Cost:  dunno.  $2-3, maybe?

One package has 520 calories, 28g of fat.  (No cholesterol.  :)
8g protein, 26g carbs.  Technically two servings.  Ha!

Cooking time:  boil unopened package for 3-5 minutes.  The package
itself is some kind of heavy foil.  Very durable.

-amy