[at-l] Food for hike

On Monday, January 13, 2003, at 09:16 PM, KellyGoVols@aol.com wrote:

> --
> Keeping in mind everything I've learned from you nice folks thus far, I
> went
> shopping for "cold weather food."  I picked up Lipton Cup-o-Noodles and
> some
> sort of cup-o-oatmeal.  I keep staring at the "cups" wondering how
> squished
> it's going to get during my hike.  Anyone had any experience with these
> gourmet delights?  I bought it for the convenience of not having to
> clean a
> pot, simply boil and pour in the provided cup.  It's not going to hold
> up, is
> it?  Does anyone have in wonderful food ideas that are quick and easy in
> preparation and clean up?  Am I asking too much?

You can get baggies that hold up to boiling water.  Glad?  Ziplock?
I can't remember which.  They also stand up, period.  You can put
the contents of your cups in the bags and take them that way.

Me, I like to get retort packaged Indian food.  You boil it in the bag,
so your pot doesn't get yucky.  You can eat directly from the bag.

-amy