[at-l] PANTYHOSE in cold weather

In a message dated 1/13/2003 10:30:55 AM Eastern Standard Time, caspyr@aris=
totle.net writes:

> Back in the days when I was an Air Force SP stationed in Northern Spain w=
e wore panty hose.  Worked great, although I haven't worn any since.

One of the reasons I hike is so I don't have to wear the danged things!  Se=
riously though, I don't think they add "that" much warmth. I wore them unde=
r uniform pants for years for warmth, but now I think I would choose a silk=
 pant instead. Much warmer and more comfortable. Plus, you get a big run in=
 them and suddenly they have not only lost their insulating ability, but th=
ey are really uncomfortable as well.  With today's high tech fibers, I thin=
k you're better off wearing garments made for their insulating properties.

POG