[at-l] wilson bacon bars

I never found bacon bars on my 2001 hike, but I did find pre-cooked
bacon slices in vacuum packed plastic in several grocery stores, and
that has become one of my favorite "power foods" of all time for long
distance hiking, serious mountaineering trips, etc.  It's not cheap, but
precooked bacon is an awesome energy and flavor boost.  Several times
when we were in a hiker town, I'd also buy a pound of uncooked bacon and
cook the entire thing that night in the motel room [bacon grease went
outside in the bushes or grass away from everything], and then store it
in a ziplock, wrapped in a couple of paper towels - yum yum!

thru-thinker