[at-l] Poles, was: wrist straps

I bought some rubber tips from REI for my poles (REI branded
Komperdells) (Tips P/N is619-811-0014 (unless I wrote down a phone
number by mistake :)).  They seem to work pretty good; I've never had
one come off (not that I've been in that many situations where that
would be a problem).  I do carry a spare pair (1.0 oz per pair).
   These tips seem to be very easy on trails.  On hard packed dirt, they
make no discernible impression.

--
James P. ('Jim') Lynch
jplynch@crosslink.net