Re[2]: [at-l] Gulf Hagas

>While my years as a committed weekender have almost cured me of it, part of
>me cringes at retracing my footsteps.  Why is that?

>You got me.  The trail looks different in the other direction so it can be
>nice to see it in both directions.  Yo-yo hikers see the whole thing in
>both directions.

You never step on the same AT twice. I enjoy hiking a trail over and over, at
different time in my life, in different seasons and directions, in different
segments at different paces, with different companions, or even the same day
at dawn and dusk. I once backtracked to re-climb Nesuntabunt because the day
before it was socked in, and the next day dawned clear and bright. Have to
admit, I've taken moose trail around it more than once, too.
TJ