[at-l] Gulf Hagas

> Hmmm, I don't think ALL relos are inside the original
> corridor, but I could be wrong.
>
> Are all land deals by the ATC or NP always regulated by
> Congress?  For instance the relo near Killington was
> privately own and a land swap was accomplished.  Did Congress
> have to approve that?
>
> Sly
The original AT land acquistion authorized by Congress put rather loose
bounds on where to buy land, e.g. miles but not 10s of miles wide. If
NPS/ATC wants to move the trail outside those bounds they need to get
Congress to ammend the boundary. I have never seen the official corridor so
I can't comment on where there might be problems, e.g. some places it might
be very close to one edge.