[at-l] RE: Genuine Thru Hikes---a Last Comment

-----Original Message-----
From: Ann Byers [mailto:abyers@ttlc.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 4:25 PM
To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Cc: marshajones@adelphia.net; Jack Tarlin
Subject: Genuine Thru Hikes---a Last Comment

"smokinjoe"
    Just wondering about why you have so much trouble
accepting Baltimore Jack's rational figures.  In the absence of
actual  records it seems to me that he would be the
best source for a percentage.
house to view what is going on. With 7 AT thru's it seems to me that
his insight would be worth something!!!!

Dear Ann

Thank you so very much for such a thoughtful post.

I don't have any trouble whatsoever accepting Baltimore Jack's "rational
figures."  How do you define rational?   Why should you think that I
have so much trouble?  I told you in my post that I don't really give a
shit.  I just posted a comment on Jack's post because I felt like it.
Is that hard to understand?  I stated that his opinion doesn't make any
more sense than does Wingfoots's, whom Jack is beginning to sound more
and more like.   This is my opinion and I am not asking you to embrace
it.

If you live in the woods each summer during all the good weather, you
might well develop an insight that would be really worth something.
However, you should define that worth in values that we all understand,
rather than just stating that it is my "factual opinion."

I mean, seriously, if a frog had a machinegun he would get to make love
to lots of bats.  The machinegun is the data, which Baltimore lacks now
and always has, no matter how long he takes to respond to this flame and
try to kick my ass.  I really don't CARE.   I do hope you thruhike.

Best Wishes Always

Jack