[at-l] Genuine Thru Hikes---a Last Comment

"smokinjoe"
    Just wondering about why you have so much trouble
accepting Baltimore Jack's rational figures.  In the absence of
actual  records it seems to me that he would be the
best source for a percentage.  He is essentially reporting
history in its making, no more or less than a news reporter
would.  Would you accept a report from a war correspondent
from lets say, the Civil War, if you lived back then???
It would seem to me that Baltimore Jack has the best seat in the
house to view what is going on. With 7 AT thru's it seems to me that
his insight would be worth something!!!!
    Can you name anyone, with a more credible resume
than Baltimore Jack who might even slightly provide a
better view , or guess, as to what the numbers might be???
I find that highly unlikely.
    I  read Baltimore Jack's original post as being quite
NON-judgmental and I read it with great interest feeling
that it provided an unique view as to how the trail  today
is generally reported and how it is actually done.  I read
no more or no less into that. And I feel that it gives
many people, including myself, who plan on hiking the AT one
day, serious thought as to HOW we plan to hike the
trail.
Ann