[at-l] Inspiring quote

This comes from Norman Cousins, but I found it quoted
in the UNC December graduation speech given by a
co-worker. Seemed like it applies to some of us here.
Delita

Delita Wright
Chapel Hill, NC

The writer Norman Cousins once observed that there are
two types of people in this world. There are those who
look at great challenges and answer, no, it isn't
possible. And there are those who look at that same
challenges, who see in them hope and possibility, and
who answer that none of us knows enough to be
pessimistic. Count yourself among the latter. Hold
fast to your dreams, strive for excellence in all that
you do, and ask yourself daily where, with this one
life,
you wish to leave your mark. Start your businesses;
write your books; turn your ideas into new inventions,
new and better ways of doing whatever work you choose.
Fill the world with art and music; involve yourself in
the life of your community; raise families that
reflect who you are and the ideals that you hold
closest to your heart. The going will not always be
easy. Even so, I urge you to persist -- remembering
all the while that failure is the handmaiden to
success, and that the future is your responsibility.