[at-l] Genuine Thru Hikes---a Last Comment

--

In a message dated 1/7/2003 8:03:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
orangebug74@yahoo.com writes:

> This is a reasonable attitude. It is also reasonable to feel upset when
> others are deceptive or are hypocritical in their accusations of
> dishonesty.

Sounds like politicians... Be careful, they may be running the country soon.
1)
I figure, that if your goal is to hit every white blaze, then do it.
This is a dedicated approach, I applaud it. Don't shove it down my
throat. We all know that you did it... And we know the yellow blazer,
section skippers didn't.

2)
If your goal is to hike from GA to ME on the AT, then do it...
No bypassing White blazes except where a shelter loop goes in
and out from the trail. Or if your personal safety is at stake (in which
case, go back & make that section up after you get to Me). No yellow
blazing.  But don't make fun of those that do hit every blaze.

3)
If your only goal is to get a certificate... Then lie cheat or steal & get
one...
You probably didn't really want to work & do the whole trail anyway...  You
just wanted a piece of paper to make you look important. And everyone will
know this, so it kind of defeats the purpose. So don't even talk to anyone
who
did the trail....  You will just piss em off. ;-)

I figure doing the trail is the main goal, enjoying the journey. The
paperwork
is secondary.  What I feel inside will not change.... As long as I walked
from
Georgia to Maine using either of the first 2 methods above. Heck of an
achievement
either way..

Russ (hotdog - Class of 2003)
<A HREF="www.trailjournals.com">www.trailjournals.com</A>