[at-l] Genuineness........

At 08:18 PM 1/5/2003 -0500, Jim Bullard wrote:
>In fairness to the ATC their mandate is the
>maintenance and protection of the trail the 'keeper of 2000 miler
>records'.  They just got into it as a sideline.

That was supposed to read "*not* the 'keeper of 2000 miler records".
My brain is faster than my fingers and I need to make a habit of
proofreading.  As an aside, Gene might also be the 1st ultralight
thru-hiker.  He listed his total pack weight with food and water as 35
pounds.  Gene carried a metal framed Bergans rucksack.  I actually have one
of those, given me by my friend Hans Bergan.  No, I have no idea whether he
is related to the Bergan(s?) who made the packs and he moved away several
years ago so I can't ask.

Saunterer